Monday, October 26, 2009

A Jewel Within

The life of a free spirit is full of hidden treasures; and I am a jewel within. ~Sarah~

You are welcome to sit and judge me; though to me it seems absurd
Ask me what you want to know; and then tell me what you've heard

You may be the leader of your pack; and me, a simple stray
But the choices I have clearly made; I wouldn't change in any way

They may not have been the best; or just wrong you'll say they've been
But through the struggle I have found; in myself, a loyal friend

It may not be conventional; but it works for me just fine
Inside of myself resides a jewel; and you can never dull the shine

You can say I make wrong choices; or don't live the way thats right
But its me that lives inside my skin; each day and every night

So step out from behind my back; and I'll tell you to your face
That this is the life that makes me smile; and I'll live it at my own pace.

I have made many unconventional choices throughout the years. People have said many hurtful things, both behind my back and to my face. I've been told I've lived through enough to cover 10 lives in only 33 years. I acknowledge the things that set me apart from convention; whether that be the fact that I was a child runaway, teenage parent, a high school drop out, victim of domestic violence, had multiple marriages, lived in seven states and had a variety of secular jobs. I'm not afraid to put that out there. I have nothing to be ashamed of, I am proud of all that makes me who I am today. What is conventional anyway in this great game of "Life"? Stability may not have been my "gig", but stability in character most certainly always has been!

I am a free spirit, I live in the direction the wind blows, consumed by its energy. I am a kind, fair, decent person that never bothers anyone and have always been the first person people go to when they need help or unconditional love and understanding.

I have three boys that love me unconditionally and I believe they will never be afraid to change direction in their lives, always striving to live their lives fully and will never give up as I have never given up. I am proud to say that they are my friends and fantastic human beings.
I love the saying "Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow". I just want to be respected and hopefully understood for choosing to live my life each day to the absolute fullest, never ever afraid to dream as large as my mind will expand and I hope to inspire those out there to take a chance in their lives as well.

There is a jewel within each one of us, mine sparkles bright and I honor that, I hope you will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment